Friday, June 15, 2012

REVIEW: The Bitti Chai by Jane Gray



SYNOPSIS:
A tale of ghosts, jealousy, prejudice and passion set in the wilds of Dartmoor, England. 15 year-old Reigneth Gray is the prophet the world has waited for. Her Romany family guard her secret and protect her from the outside world, but when Reigneth is drawn to the young and gifted musician, Johnny Wilmott, love threatens to blow their worlds apart.

REVIEW: 
I have to admit that it took me a few chapters to get into The Bitti Chai. But then at about chapter 3 or 4 I realized that I had been completely taken in by the story!! At first I wondered as to the time frame of the setting of the book. But then came the mention of mobile phones and land rovers and it became apparent that it was indeed set in the present, although it feels as if you are being swept along in a tale from times past!! And what a beautiful tale it is!!

Reigneth Gray has vision's that come to her in her dreams or when she has physical contact with people. There are times when the things she see's take their toll on her! But I loved the sense of calm and peace that she exuded for most of the book, so those times of struggle that she experienced were so much more vivid to me when they occurred.

I loved all the insights into the Romany way of life. The bonds and the closeness that they share. Their sense of family was heart warming!! 

The breathtaking picture's of the scenery that Jane Gray painted with her storytelling were so easy to picture in my mind.

I adored the love between Reigneth and her soul mate Johnny and I cannot wait to continue on the journey with them in the next book!!

A huge thank you to the author for the opportunity to read and review The Bitti Chai. I thoroughly enjoyed it!!

4/5


Goodreads ~ Amazon ~ Barnes & Noble

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting YA Book Addict. Your comments are very much appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...