Friday, July 6, 2012

Review: My Recycled Soul by Lynette Ferreira



SYNOPSIS: 
Some bonds remain, even after death.

When Elizabeth moves to Ireland from California, she finds it difficult to adapt in a completely different country.

When she meets Jared, it is as if she knows him, as if she has always known him and she falls in love with him immediately.

However, when Joshua enters her life and she grows to love him, does that mean she loves Jared less?

Elizabeth learns that there are many different kinds of love and that some bonds remain even after death.



REVIEW:


“I focus on the bright light, without seeing, wondering if it is just a weird coincidence that when people die they always say go towards the light, and if you are born you have to travel through a tunnel towards a light. Would this mean that moving towards the light is in actual fact being reborn, like being reincarnated? Would this possibly then mean that our souls really are recycled, and that we do come back repeatedly, until we get it right and I keep getting it wrong?”



I love the idea of two souls being connected and finding each other at different points through time. The coming together of two souls who may have been kept apart previously by circumstance, finding each other again and hopefully getting it right.


Elizabeth has always be very good at covering up her emotions. Making people believe that all is right in her world. When she and her family relocate from California to Ireland she tries her hardest to cover her unhappiness.


When Elizabeth and Jared meet I was slightly thrown by their instant love, but once you understand the premise of the story and the connection of their souls it makes complete sense. And they were so good together!! And he sees through her act at making everyone think she is happy. I flew through the first half of the book as the two of them spent time together. And then out of the blue I was thrown by a decision that Elizabeth makes and it took me a little while to get back in to the groove of the story. 


Enter Joshua. I didn't warm to him straight away. But as the story went on, warm to him I did and then I was knocked for six by the turn in the story!! It was completely unexpected and I could feel all the emotions that Elizabeth was experiencing!!


There was a point in the book where Jared tells Elizabeth that she frustrates him and I have to admit that there were times when I felt exactly the same way!! I just felt that she jumped to conclusions so quickly without talking things through.


Is My Recycled Soul a book that I would recommend? Most definitely!! It was a really easy and enjoyable read and the whole concept of the story was great! 


4/5 Stars


Goodreads l Amazon l Smashwords




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting YA Book Addict. Your comments are very much appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...