Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Review: Waiting for Mercy (Cambion #2) by Shannon Dermott


Goodreads l Amazon


SYNOPSIS:
What do you do when you’ve been to hell and back, literally? For Mercy, it meant the beginning of the end for everything. Love, Happiness, Life. 

When the people important to her are thrown into danger and she is forced to choose who to save, what will Mercy do? When the demon within her has its own agenda, going to new lengths to fulfill it, how will she cope? And when a new nemesis arrives, with a sole focus to take what belongs to her, how will she survive?

Some situations make you stronger, some make you weak. She used to run from confrontation but the need to uncover secrets will harden her resolve to make new choices. 

In the end, someone else will suffer the consequences. Who will be burned by her very existence? And what will become of everything she holds dear?

Mercy’s life wasn’t easy before and things aren’t getting easier now.



REVIEW:

Holy Freakin' WOW!!! Pure awesomeness from Shannon Dermott!! I loved book one in this series but the author has really outdone herself with book two!!

Shannon Dermott does the whole multiple love interest thing so well. I never at any stage get tired of Mercy and all her guys!! Usually when I read a story that has more than one love interest, I'm decided straight up who I would choose. But there is something so amazingly appealing about all of these male characters that I just don't want any of them to end up hurt or to have their hearts broken!! I think I would still have Mercy be with Luke, but boy, if Flynn isn't making me question that!! And then there is Sebastian and Paul. And all four of them are so different!! 

So, let's talk about these characters a little bit....
MERCY: Let me just say how damn lucky Mercy is!! The amount of incredibly hot and gorgeous guys she has after her is enough to make my head spin, but damn if I'm not jealous!! I really felt that Mercy came into her own in this book. She really matured and grew. 
PAUL: I don't have the same intense affections for him as I do the other characters, but as Mercy's friend, I like him!
SEBASTIAN: He's been there to save and rescue Mercy many times. He's given advice and I really think that his feelings for Mercy are genuine. And I love that accent.
FLYNN: Hot and delicious!! The incredibly sexed up Flynn has a soft, sweet and caring inner core all wrapped up in this sexy outer layer!! When him and Mercy are together that's exactly want I want!!
LUKE: And when Mercy is with Luke, that is exactly what I want!! And he is the one that Mercy loves. I feel so sorry for him sometimes. It can't be easy dating Mercy. Luke is sweet and loyal and towards the end of the book we see a bit of a difference in him that I absolutely loved!!

Waiting For mercy is action packed with a whole range of supernatural beings. We have Angels, Demon's, half demon's, shifters, Fae, Succubus, Incubus and even a vampire... You name it, this book has it going on!! There is always something happening to keep you completely engrossed in the story. The authors writing style is wonderfully easy to read and incredibly free flowing and smooth.

And what about that cliffhanger of an ending!!! Far out!! How am I possibly going to wait for book three? I am the most impatient person ever!! A huge thank you to Shannon Dermott for writing one of my favourite series. Go read it and make it one of yours!!

5/5 Stars 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting YA Book Addict. Your comments are very much appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...