Monday, November 19, 2012

GUEST REVIEW: Last Hope (Shanis' Last Hope) by Rebecca Gardner

Tonight was it. The first day of the rest of my life. I had waited so long to rejoin my fathers people, to take my rightful place as the Alpha. The wind's chill bit straight into my bones as I walked to the center of the circling wolves. Daring them to challenge me to try to take what was mine. I was the chosen one I would bring peace to my people. End a centuries old war between the Gifted and the Eldon. Magical beings that threatened the future of us all. My birth has been written since before the split. One would be born when no other had. Carried from the womb of another will be Shanis' last hope of survival. Only the enemy may not be who I was always lead to believe. Kay must choose between the darkness and turning towards the light shifting through the lies to find her way. End a War that has ragged on for centuries all while trying to follow her heart. Fighting against her duty to her people, an arranged marriage to Abbos the would be alpha male. Or Luke a pack outcast that has had her head spinning since the moment she laid eyes on him. Battling feelings for two very different men.

Review: 
In this story, a girl named Kayin is all set to become head of her pack and become the alpha female.  In taking this role, she will be the one to bring peace to her people- to end a war between the Gifted and the Eldon.  Once she is the alpha female things do not go as she thought they would.  One of the things she finds out is that she is to be mated to the alpha male, Abbos.  Kayin had no idea she would be forced to take a mate and is not happy about it.  In addition, things start happening, such as dreams and visions and she is not sure what is real and what is not.  She also meets Luke, a former member of the pack and he asks to re-enter the pack.  But things with him are not as they seem.  Is he really good or bad?  And what about Abbos- does he really care for Kayin or does he have ulterior motives?  And should Kayin do what is best for her people or follow her heart?  These are all questions that come up in this wonderful story.


I really enjoyed this story.  It is very entertaining, has a lot of action and has great characters.  There is a love triangle happening since both Abbos and Luke have feelings for Kayin.  It makes the reader wonder who Kayin will choose.  My only criticism of this book is that it needs a lot of editing.  There are many places where punctuation is missing or wrong and there are misspelled words.  In addition, the point of view of who is speaking keeps changing without warning, so it is often confusing who is speaking.  I think if these edits were made, it would make the book easier to understand.  The ending leaves you hanging so I am curious to see what happens in book 2.  The story is enjoyable and I recommend it.  

3/5 Stars!


Reviewed by Virginia Tesi Carey for YA Book Addict


Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting YA Book Addict. Your comments are very much appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...