Wednesday, August 14, 2013

GUEST REVIEW: Lunangelique (Lunangelique #1) by Kristin R. Campbell


For Alexis and Alex life has been great. They have loving parents, great friends and live a life every teenager dreams. However, they are adopted and Alexis struggles with wanting to know who their real parents are and not wanting to hurt her adopted parents. Then, a stunning guy moves across the street from them. One who has a secret past and seems to know things about Alexis. One who does mysterious things and leads her to other mysterious persons. One who pushes her to discover her extraordinary birth family and the truth between mythology and religion.



Review:















Hallelujah, is that angels singing that I hear?  

I thought so once I finished this book. It was without a doubt one of the most original and highly entertaining spins on the genre that I've read. I had my doubts that an author could skillfully and believably tie together the different mythologies that are in Lunangelique, but it was absolutely wonderful. I loved everything about this book. The two main characters Lexi and Cole were strong, independent and wonderfully flawed people. I loved their dynamic and seeing their relationship develop and change with the different obstacles they encounter.  

The secondary characters were multi dimensional and thoroughly enjoyable. Edmund, Kaitlyn, Alex, Ollie and the other people that Lexi and Cole interact with each have a part to play. They aren't haphazardly thrown in to fill up pages. Everyone brings something to the table. The climax of the story showed a dark side to the enemy and created a wonderful beginning arc to the story that continues in Sleeping Gods, book 2 of the series.  

I felt like my heart was ripped out at the end. It was an emotional cliffhanger and made me immediately buy the next two books in the series. If you read this, you will not be sorry. It has a feisty heroine, a dreamy hero, a breathtaking story and a superb cast of characters. Some minor typos are present but don't detract from the wonderful story being told. I give this book a 4.5/5!

 Guest reviewed by Heather for YA Book Addict

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting YA Book Addict. Your comments are very much appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...