Saturday, August 24, 2013

REVIEW: Bewitched (Heven and Hell #2.5) by Cambria Hebert

For years, I accepted that Heven was more popular than me. I never liked it but I lived with it. I walked in her shadow, I stood by her when no one else would. When I finally thought her spotlight was mine things began to change. She began to change. Now she hardly ever calls me back, she spends all her time with her hot new boyfriend and everyone at school thinks she’s back on top. She had it all. But apparently she wants more. She wants Cole – my boyfriend. What’s worse is that it looks like she got him. I’ve had enough and she’s going to be sorry. Why?

Because I am bewitched.


My Thoughts:

She held out her hand, her blood-red lips curving into a smile.
I put my hand in hers. It was the beginning of my downfall.

I love these little insights that Cambria Hebert gives us, through these novellas, of the secondary characters in the Heven and Hell series. Even though they're not classed as main characters, they all have a great impact on the story.

Bewitched is Kimba's story and takes us through the events that lead from her being Heven's best friend to completely betraying those that she claims to love. I actually really liked Kimber at the start of the series, but she slowly eroded that. And now I'm torn. There is that part of me that feels some sympathy for her. Her parents are absent most of the time and think that they can make up for that with money. But that being said, that was pretty much where my sympathy ended. Kimba is quite self centred and superficial and having her story told through her eyes really highlights that. She had a boyfriend and friends who loved her and instead of having trust in what they told her she takes the option of betrayal by delving into darkness. But then as things spiralled out of control I really hated to see what was happening to her and found myself right back to caring for her again. I'm so confused!!

Cambria Hebert's writing is as always, fantastic. I'm just sorry that it took me so long to get around to reading this because I truly love this series!!

4/5 Stars.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting YA Book Addict. Your comments are very much appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...