Tuesday, October 22, 2013

REVIEW: Real (Real #1) by Katy Evans

A fallen boxer.
A woman with a broken dream.
A competition…

He even makes me forget my name. One night was all it took, and I forgot everything and anything except the sexy fighter in the ring who sets my mind ablaze and my body on fire with wanting…

Remington Tate is the strongest, most confusing man I’ve ever met in my life.

He’s the star of the dangerous underground fighting circuit, and I’m drawn to him as I’ve never been drawn to anything in my life. I forget who I am, what I want, with just one look from him. When he’s near, I need to remind myself that I am strong–but he is stronger. And now it’s my job to keep his body working like a perfect machine, his taut muscles primed and ready to break the bones of his next opponents . . .

But the one he’s most threatening to, now, is me.

I want him. I want him without fear. Without reservations.

If only I knew for sure what it is that he wants from me?





My Thoughts:


"Ladies and gentlemen, and noooww... the moment you've all been waiting for, the man you're all here to see. The baddest of the bad, I give you the one, the only, Remington 'Riptide' Tate!"

Sometimes a book comes along and the whole time that you're devouring it you're thinking, yes, this, this right here is why I read!! I read for a book that is just as perfect as this. I read for characters that are just as exquisitely delicious as Remington Tate. I read for an author who can make me fall completely in love with their writing. This book was just so amazingly freaking good!!!

Brooke Dumas has had her dreams shattered. Still trying to come to terms with the change in direction her life has taken when her best friend drags her along to an underground fighting match. Remington Tate is lusted after constantly. He is also feared. His reputation speaks for itself. When their eyes meet that night, their lives will be changed forever.

Real was the most lust building book I have read in a long, long time. Oh my God!! From the very first time that Remy and Brooke lay eyes on each other the tension between them is completely off the scale. It is hot!! So damn hot!!! It builds deliciously throughout the book and even when they finally take things to the next level at over half way through the book the anticipation remains at scorching. It's an anticipation that you feel in every part of your body. They want each other desperately. There is no question whatsoever about that, but for some reason Remy is the one holding back. And when we finally find out why... well hell. This guys story broke my heart.


"I want your hands on my head."
I nod and edge back to make room for him. "Does it calm your racing thoughts?"
He shakes his head, then takes my hand and spreads it open over his wide chest, his voice textured as he traps my gaze with his. "It calms me here."

Remington Tate is it for me. If you could take all the little traits that I love in my book crushes and put them all together, then you would end up with Remington Tate. He's not perfect. He is so alpha and he has so many issues. But he's perfect for me. And that's why I love him so much. All those little imperfections that make a man. He has so many layers to him. He is so passionate and possessive and he's never wanted anything or anyone as much as he wants Brooke Dumas. But he's scared. He's scared once she knows his secrets she'll run. He is a man of few words and throughout the whole book he used music to get his point and his feelings across. Music was so much a part of Remy and Brooke's story, but boy when the man's got something he wants to say he says it perfectly.


"I want you Brooke, for me. I can hurt you, I can do stupid shit. but I..." His stare galvanizes me. "I'm so fucking in love with you I don't even know what to do with myself anymore."

I couldn't read this fast enough in my need for more Remy, yet I couldn't read it slow enough to prolong the time I was spending with him. As each page went by I was so ecstatic to have him in my hands but at the same time I was so desperate to take it slower. When I actually finished reading it, I just couldn't bring myself to start another book for days. I was consumed with thoughts of him. Katy Evans is a genius with words. A freaking genius!!! She played my emotions perfectly. Real is exactly what you get with this book. Raw, emotional, sexy and perfect. And it is the best book I have read so far in 2013.


I love him. He's not just a star; he's the whole fucking sky to me. 

5/5 Perfect Remington 'Riptide' Tate Stars.

A huge thank you to Simon & Schuster Australia for the opportunity to read and review Real.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting YA Book Addict. Your comments are very much appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...