Wednesday, February 5, 2014

REVIEW: Forever (Temptation #3) by Karen Ann Hopkins

All I want is my happily-ever-after.

That's all I've wanted since meeting Noah Miller.

From the day we met, the world has tried to keep Noah and me from being together, but now that I'm carrying his child, no one will be able to tear us apart. Or so I hope. But Noah and I have made some mistakes along the way, and the consequences are impacting the people we love. Worse, there's a storm on the horizon, and it's sure to cause serious devastation.

If we can get through this, we'll finally be Rose and Noah; a family, forever.

But first we have to survive the road ahead. And happily-ever-after is a long way off.






My Thoughts:

We were still being kept apart. Would it ever end? Was a time of peace and acceptance in or lives possible?

When I first came across the Temptation series, I was immediately intrigued. I love romances that involve forbidden love. And Rose and Noah had everything against them right from the start. Coming from two completely different worlds, they prove that their love is very much worth fighting for. There were so many times when it seemed like the latest challenge they were facing could have proved to be the one that broke them. But their love is so strong and pure.

Forever is the final book in the series and I was so desperate to see the two of them find the happiness that they deserved. Forever picks up right where Belonging left off. During the first portion of the book, I have to admit to being frustrated. The Rose and Noah that I had previously fallen in love with seemed to be missing. Rose's ability to speak her mind and her honesty were gone. Noah was being so stubborn. Their communication really needed a good boost. I wasn't questioning the reasoning behind the choices they were making, they were trying to do what they thought was right by everyone. But they were both suffering because of it. 

But then, all of a sudden Rose and Noah were back. Yes, I was a happy girl. But the hurdles for them were far from over. They will be tested at each turn. New and bigger struggles than what they had previously faced will test their strength like never before.When tragedy strikes, what choices will they make and how will those choices impact on their futures? Will the love that they have been fighting for help them through all the tough times they are yet to face?

I loved that both Rose and Noah loved so completely. I loved that they were both prepared to make sacrifices to make things work. By the time we get to the end of the book, we have a much more grown up and mature Rose and Noah. Their love and commitment to each other was such a beautiful thing to read. Their love of family and community was what made them so special to me throughout the whole series.

I adore the way Karen Ann Hopkins writes. She was able to weave these complex character struggles in with a beautiful, sweet romance. She had captured my heart from the very start and held it until the very end. Her characters were real and relatable, even if you have never faced similar challenges. The Temptation series is one that I would have no hesitation recommending to anyone. A wonderful ending to the series, but I am intrigued as to whether there will be a spin off series. The possibilities are almost endless!! 

4.5/5 Sweet, Sad, Loving Stars

Copy provided by the publisher via Netgalley.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting YA Book Addict. Your comments are very much appreciated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...